18/08/2008

18/08/08

Well Exeter was very... wet, to say the least. Hypothermia was a definite possibility after wandering the town centre in the rain for four hours, and taking a stroll by the quay. Uni looked nice enough though, campus was all very green, generally just attempting to hide the horrible 1960s buildings, which I have to say it has done more successfully than York.

So Lizzie has decided that, she too, will apply to Oxford. No! Not another person in the race! It will be so shit if she gets a place and I do not, I will most probably cry. At least she's not applying for the same course as me, so that makes it a little bit better, but it's a bit like - oh come steal my dream then, and run with it so you and Will can go off to Oxford together and fall in love in the Bodleian Library and get married and have children and be happy. How very, very annoying it is. And worst of all she is expecting me to help her with her personal statement and lend her subject books and stuff, and I would like to go NO, I AM NOT HELPING, but I can't because I already am a bit of a bitch to her and it might push her over the edge.

Will has decided he isn't going to apply for Oxford anymore though. This is quite frankly bollocks, he is depressed because he got a B and he thinks all chances of ever getting in are completely out of the window, which simply isn't true. He is Head of School, a House Captain, does pretty much every sport, has done work experience in engineering (what he wants to do at uni), has his Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award and he did Young Enterprise! His personal statement and reference are going to be the best, ever! Mine will pale in comparison, as I am planning to go on and on about how much I love biology and list books I've read and hope my lack of extra-curriculars is ignored.

Because I really want to get into Oxford, and I am going to get depressed if I don't get in - which won't be beneficial as I will get the rejection/acceptance letter right before the January exams, so if I get rejected I will lose sight of why I am taking the exams in the first place. I think Imperial College London is my second choice - if I don't get into Oxford, hopefully they will let me in and I can still seem impressive and clever! Sighh. It's in my thoughts all the time, and I won't be able to stand people at school getting in if I don't.

As I've been up for about 17 hours now, I'm off to bed. Meeting Beth tomorrow before she goes to Reading Festival, and I am left completely alone (Louisa is in Lanzarote). Hmm. Oh but I did manage today to get Rose all excited about the start of term and revising and working hard etc., which is no small feat. Woo, working hard!

1 comment:

dickophile said...

you should give your brain a break.