15/08/2008

15/08/08

So posting has been absent for a few days, and here's why - exam results. The bane of my fucking life (I think I may have said this before, perhaps about something/someone else, but I do not care), and they persisted to haunt my dreams for days before they were released.

And I'm not even kidding about that. I dreamed I walked to school for results and got Gs and Es and Us and so many crap results I couldnt figure out what I'd actually got overall in each subject. And by Wednesday night I was just in collapse mode. I have not been so anxious about anything, ever. GCSE results panic was nothing in comparison. Which I am sure means that next year, A2 results, will cause a panic so huge that limbs will be lost, ships sunk, and general riotous behaviour will break out amongst the people.

So on Thursday morning I make the long, five minute walk up to school listening to This Old Heart of Mine by the Isley Brothers, to add a sense of motown to the eclipsing panic, and get my results from the deputy head. AAAA. GET THE FUCK IN. I was completely gobsmacked (eg. I folded up the paper to call my mum and then had to open it again just to make sure I hadn't read it incorrectly), and even though I'd got a C in Chemistry in January, I still managed to get an A overall. It was fantastic. Dr J (Chem teacher) was there and said well done to me, and I just went 'I GOT AN A' and waved my results at him, even though he already knew them.

I wasn't even hoping for all As. I mean the optimistic hope was AABB. No way could I have got an A in history after that abysmal exam - the one I didn't even finish and felt like having a breakdown in. But I did! And I got full marks in the Russia paper! The frigging paper of DEATH! (Admittedly it was the one I actually finished). I am still on a high even now, a day later. I am unstoppable. And I am going to kung-fu next year's work into submission.

Other people's results, just so I remember them (it's really hard to remember everyones results!) : Louisa - BCCD, Lizzie - AAAA, Steve - AABB, James - AAAB, Will - AAAB (ha!), Rose - BCCC, Beth - AAC.

So went to town with Beth and her boyfriend after results and had celebratory hot chocolate... because we rock. And her boyfriend got scouted by Toni + Guy to be a model, which was really quite surreal. I suppose thats what happens if you stand in the town centre chatting long enough. So now I am free to enjoy the rest of my summer before my last year of school!

2 comments:

dickophile said...

congrats. so what feels better? doing good or doing better than will?

nouveau étoile said...

well i always see him as like... the better version of me, so i have finally won something! haha x