16/08/2008

16/08/08

Ahh yet another of those lazy days in bed... well not completely in bed. There was general about the house movement. Really haven't accomplished anything today at all, apart from perhaps work myself up into a state about the next lot of exams! Which is pretty shocking considering term isn't even underway yet...

Note to self: do not search the web for your exam dates for January and Summer 2009. It only makes you worry. (And I have every right to, my last exams consist of 6 hours worth of 3 subjects over 2 days) However, putting a positive spin on this, I realised this forward thinking and Hermione Granger-esque behaviour could only be a good thing, as I will not be shocked in April when the dates are given out by school, and I can plan far enough ahead to overcome the obstacle that is shitty exam planning by the exam boards.

Christening tomorrow. Great. Can I be bothered? No. Will I talk to any of my relatives? No. Will I try and get home early? Yes. To be honest I am more comfortable at home panicking about events that are 4-10 months away than in a room full of relatives, none of whom are remotely close to my age. Somebody remind me why I didn't go to V?!

It is weird that I still have exam anxiety on top of exam result euphoria. But Rose and Louisa are on holiday, Alex is at V, and Steve and Beth are both working lots, so I have no one to properly vent at! And I need Ruth to text me back so I can parent her about her results and encourage her/become her personal tutor next year. I vaguely saw CCDE on the master list but I am not entirely sure if that was her row of results or not... right, I've decided tomorrow will see the end to recluse week. I might even venture out to the library (like the daredevil I am!).

2 comments:

dickophile said...

what's v? is it a british thing? and what does the title of your blog mean? i assume its french for new something.

nouveau étoile said...

V is a weekend festival that happens in England every summer in two places, and my blog name means new star, which my friend called me once!