11/08/2008

11/08/08

Ok so I'm half an hour into Kevin McCloud's Big Town Plan and they still haven't actually done anything to Castleford. Bored Now. And the Darwin programme that was on beforehand was just publicity for Dawkin's Selfish Gene hypothesis and he just really annoys me still. I think this is why I don't watch TV very much. Olympics have been on the last few days, I like the swimming and the diving (synchronised tiny briefs, mmm), and that's pretty much the sum of my last few days. Recluse week is officially underway.

Went to bed at half 5 this morning and got up at around half 3 this afternoon, oh woe is my body clock (circadian rhythms anyone? ;D) and watched The Pursuit of Happyness, which is actually quite a nice predictable film. And I think I'm going to watch Coach Carter in a bit too. Gotta love films to pass the time - however I do need to go to sleep earlier and sort my clock out.

Last night, on msn... Louisa asked me 'what is going on between us?', and I replied with 'nothing that I know of'. To be honest it did come out of the blue, especially as lately I've been thinking about Alex instead of Will, let alone Louisa. Blargh! So we left it there because I had no idea what she was trying to say and it was 1am and that's really no time for a long discussion.

Perhaps worst of all (I don't know what the other bad things are...), results are on Thursday, which I am silently very down about and I wish they would just hurry up and happen so I can see what I have to do next year to get into uni, and how hard I'll have to plead to the headmaster so I can apply to Oxford. AABB is my optimistic hope, but realistically, it's not going to happen, and that's a little bit upsetting. Also the fact that 14/30 of last year's History class got a D or less is frightening me about my chances as well. AARGH! I'm going to get really depressed about my results, I can feel it. However, hopefully I will be invigorated to work so hard I melt and write a great personal statement and stuff... oh dear dear me.

3 comments:

dickophile said...

love your blog. i was just wondering if you could tell us what exactly happened between you and will.

nouveau étoile said...

thanks :) umm its a long story which i am sure to go into one day, essentially he was my best friend for two years and then i told him i liked him and he hasn't spoken to me for... eight months. xx

dickophile said...

uh. boys suck.